Join Bike World & the Des Moines Cycle Club this autumn for a relaxing cycling vacation in Minnesota. This adventure brings bicyclists together to explore trails and local communities alongside the beautiful Root River. September 24th - 26th, 2021.
Friday we'll board a comfy chartered bus that will deliver us to Lanesboro, Minnesota where we'll set up our tents, then have lunch. Then it’s time to explore the town or ride…. whatever you wish! Friday evening enjoy an amazing dinner, and later s'mores by the fire!
Saturday morning after a pancake breakfast, you'll want to grab a water bottle and helmet and take off on the beautiful trail in any direction you choose…. the day is yours! Shop in the dozens of quaint stores and boutiques that Lanesboro has to offer... enjoy!
Lunch is on your own in one of the wonderful restaurants. Ride or explore a bit more, then return to an evening dinner of smoked meat with all the sides! Share your day's adventures with fellow cyclists while sitting around a crackling fire. Then for those who wish, we’ll get ready for a beautiful night ride with lights provided by Light & Motion. Our destination? PIE!!
Sunday morning you'll wake up to the smell of hot coffee and Bike World’s famous ‘Everything Breakfast’. Once your tummies are refilled, we get to go back out on the trails, or shop the shops until we board the bus at 3PM to head back to Des Moines. Don’t worry about getting hungry on the way home – we have you covered with some yummy box lunches for the trip back! Excited? We are!! Please invite your friends and join us on our last big ride of the year. This is a take-it-easy and smell-the-roses kind of ride. Perfect whether you’re a beginner or have been riding for years… this is more about the experience – and we promise you a GREAT ONE!!
Cost: $250 - $300.
- Chartered bus to destination & home
- Camp site rental
- Service support by Bike World
- Five meals, beverages, snacks and pie, including box lunch for bus trip home
- Evening bonfires
- Night ride with Light & Motion crew
- 2022 DMCC (Des Moines Cycle Club) membership
At the $300 cost, (in addition to everything listed above) we will provide a premium dome tent and queen size air mattress, PLUS take care of the setup and tear down!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I use my own personal bikes?
- Yup! Drop your bike off at our West Des Moines shop (5003 EP True Pkwy West Des Moines, IA 50265) on Thursday, Sept. 20th by noon.
What if I don't have a bike to bring along?
- We can find a solution for you. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are we camping outside?
Do we bring our own tents?
- Yes, You will bring those along with your clothing/gear when you come for the bus on Friday morning. If you don't want to worry about that, we offer a tent & air mattress upgrade (including setup and breakdown) for only $50 extra. Just select the "with tent" option when you buy.