[note: all updates can be found in the route section of the event info...]
All the "What Ifs" are again TRUE! "Oakley Night Cap Cross" is back. It will be BIGGER and BETTER! BE THERE!
FYI - We are still hammering out the final details. All event updates will be posted below in the "*** updates ***" section.
click for larger poster
- What If there was a full-fledged NIGHT Cyclocross race was happening at a bar called Mullets right on the Des Moines river over looking the city skyline on Saturday Oct 15th?
- What if the race course was lit up by light towers?
- What If there was LIVE MUSIC jamming outside under the lights literally in the middle of the race course while the cyclocross race was going on?
- What If the bar had a two level patio for perfect views of the cyclocross race, the band and the Des Moines skyline?
- What If Oakley and Miller Lite were sponsors?
- What If the racers raced within inches of the heckling specators?
- What If crowds gathered for multiple reasons that night; the races, the bands, the party, the bike culture?
- What If Mullet's were offering sweet beer specials and pizza by the slice all night long?
- What If almost every spectator had a cowbell?
- What If BIKEIOWA.com was promoting an exhibition event like this?
view event info in new window