What: Buffalo 105 Gravel Race starting and ending in Newton Iowa sponsored by Wrecked'em Racing.
Where: Newton YMCA 1701 S. 8th Ave E. Newton, Iowa 50208
When: Saturday October 22. Check-in must be completed by the riders’ meeting at 8:45 AM
Why: Because gravel is everywhere, get used to it, embrace it as a road surface.
Cost: This is the best part – free if you bring something to donate to the local food pantry.
Awards: Did we mention this race is free?
Other important facts:
- This race is done at your own risk. You are responsible for you.
- 55 or 105 miles of glorious Jasper County gravel. There may be some “B” surface road.
- Cue cards will be emailed. A file will be available for importing into GPS devices.
- This is a difficult course because of the amount of elevation gain.
- There are two loops, you will return to the start at approximately the halfway point.
- You may see buffalo from, or on the course. Respect them, they are very big and heavy.
- To register, send an email by midnight October 20 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules (just a few to keep it safe and fair):
- Riders undertake this event at their own risk.
- Be safe, courteous and respect private property. No littering or other undesirable behavior.
- Helmets must be worn at all times when on a bike.
- Roads are open to vehicle traffic, there are no course marshals. Yield to vehicles!
- If you leave the course, re-enter at the same location as you left.
- All racers must return by the 5:00 PM cutoff time.
- Let us know if you abandon by calling (641) 840-0535
Email questions to email@example.com